Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 5 replies To this message.

Author Topic: grass fed beef for sale Louisville, KY
Click to reply to this message
  Cinnamon girl
  Louisville
grass fed beef for sale Louisville, KY    (Posted Wed, Jan 2 '13 at 03:40 UTC)

We have several Angus cross steers that are ready now through spring. We are selling them on the hoof - approx. weight is 1,100 lbs. They are pasture raised with no antibiotics, hormones, etc. We are not certified organic but these steers eat chemical free hay and primarily graze on chemical free rotated pasture. If you want to buy 1/2 or 1/4 then feel free to email me and I can try to keep a list and link up some sharers.

Cinnamon girl
 Mike83WVU
 Brentwood, TN
Re: grass fed beef for sale Louisville, KY    (Posted Wed, Jan 16 '13 at 12:38 UTC)

Hi...was interested in possibly a quarter. I am in the area a lot. All I want to really know is what would my approximate cost per pound in my freezer be? My first buying experience. I think I understand what the 1/4 side of beef would consist of.

Thanks,
Mike

Looking for 1/4 side beef in Nashville area.
 Grossman
 Louisville
Re: grass fed beef for sale Louisville, KY    (Posted Mon, Feb 18 '13 at 11:40 UTC)

We are interested in purchase of a half. Can you please email details of pricing and availability? Thank you!

H. Grossman
 Cinnamon girl
 Louisville
grass fed beef    (Posted Thu, Feb 21 '13 at 03:36 UTC)

hi - I have just noticed that selling is not permitted in the LocalHarvest forusm - I don't know if this is a new thing or if I just didn't see it before. So apologies for doing this.
I originally signed up on LocalHarvest with a hotmail account that I used for years but MSN changed hotmail at the end of last year and I could no longer get any messages. It was catch 22 - I couldn't change my email because I couldn't get into the old email to do it....
So apologies again on my untimely reply but I have now changed my operating system and saw these messages.
About the beef - I am collecting beef from Marksbury in the next few days. I believe it is all sold but I did not take deposits so there is an outside change that someone drops off. The price of a 1/4 is $450. The TOTAL hanging weight of the entire steer was 669 lbs - you will have to do the math here.
Once again, I am sorry if I have misused the forum and will endeavour to do better on Local Harvest now that I can fix the email problem.

Cinnamon girl
 Tony_H
 Louisville
Re: grass fed beef for sale Louisville, KY    (Posted Mon, Jan 6 '14 at 09:18 UTC)

We go to the farmer's markets in St. Matthews. Do you sell at those? Might be interested in hearing more, can you call me at 502-689-7875? Thanks,

Tony
 Cinnamon girl
 Louisville
Re: grass fed beef for sale Louisville, KY    (Posted Mon, Jan 6 '14 at 09:41 UTC)

Hi Tony
Thank you for the message. We do not sell meat at Farmer's Markets for a couple of reasons - the main reason being refrigeration requirements. We only send 'sold' steers to processors so that the meat is as near to custom cut as possible for the ultimate consumer.
We will have some steers ready to go to Marksbury this fall. If you are interested in purchasing a half or a quarter, feel free to get in touch towards the end of the summer. If you want less than a quarter perhaps a sharer can be found.

Cinnamon girl