Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 7 replies To this message.

Author Topic: The Beekeeping Suit
Click to reply to this message
  deanmontford
  Waterville
The Beekeeping Suit    (Posted Mon, Nov 1 '10 at 04:29 UTC)

Wearing a beekeeping suit is highly recommended for beekeepers. It can protect them from bee stings and bee attacks. But did you know that you can't just buy ANY beekeeping suit? They also have to be of the right color - preferably light-colored - so they don't provoke bees from attacking or coming near.

Below is a link that provides tips to beekeepers regarding HOW to choose the right beekeeping suit.

http://www.beekeepingmethods.com/beekeeping-suit/

Dean Montford
 wvhaugen
 Ferndale
Re: The Beekeeping Suit    (Posted Mon, Nov 1 '10 at 09:06 UTC)

The beekeepers I hung around with in the 1970's didn't bother with suits or veils. They just smoked the bees and showed RESPECT for their bees. This means not banging the frames around, slower body movements, etc. They let me work the bees and I found I didn't need a suit either. Also, when I worked in a honey room, doing the extracting, I got a lot more stings on my arms as I handled frames that had already had most of the bees brushed off. Perhaps bees now have more of the African bee DNA in their makeup, making them more aggressive, but I doubt it.

Catering to the unique Ferndale perspective.
 deanmontford
 Waterville
Re: The Beekeeping Suit    (Posted Mon, Nov 22 '10 at 04:34 UTC)

But I think it will be safer to wear a beekeeping suit though :) We people can threaten the bees in a beekeeping hive for a variety of reasons. Knowing that bee stings CAN humans, it is smarter to wear beekeeping suits around them.

Dean Montford
 rumirunto
 Santa Cruz
Re: The Beekeeping Suit    (Posted Mon, Nov 29 '10 at 07:16 UTC)Negative Rank

Dean, you should disclose that you're actually trying to *sell* beekeeping suits. Please don't spam our forums.

deanmontford
 Waterville
Re: The Beekeeping Suit    (Posted Wed, Dec 1 '10 at 09:52 UTC)

If you click the link, it doesn't actually "SELL" beekeeping suits. It gives tips on how to CHOOSE a beekeeping suit.

Dean Montford
 rumirunto
 Santa Cruz
Re: The Beekeeping Suit    (Posted Sat, Dec 4 '10 at 02:21 UTC)

The sell beekeeping courses and are trying to build up backlinks to increase their search engine ratings.

Worms Etc
 Greer
Re: The Beekeeping Suit    (Posted Wed, Jan 26 '11 at 10:01 UTC)

Looks like the forum uses the "nofollow" tag so it would be of no avail. Best go somewhere else to build links.

www.WormsEtc.com
  LisaAgrestid
 new york
Re: The Beekeeping Suit?    (Posted Sat, Mar 17 '12 at 03:47 UTC)

My husband used to do beekeeping but hasn't for a while. He's just starting to get back into it. Our 12 year old LOVES helping dad.
http://liftserumprosite.com

Lisa Agrestid