Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 4 replies To this message.

Author Topic: Rabbit Processing
Click to reply to this message
  jvwren
  Walton
Rabbit Processing    (Posted Sun, Jul 25 '10 at 01:57 UTC)

What experience do you have with getting rabbits processed in an inspected facility? We are struggling to find a processor here in Indiana, and it will only get worse, since the state has cut its budget for state meat inspectors. We've just listed our farm with Local Foods so that we will show up in searches for the Ark of Taste. We raise Giant Chinchilla, Champagne D'Argent and Satins.

Source for Giant Chinchilla Rabbit
 SlowMoneyFarm
 Nauvoo
Re: Rabbit Processing    (Posted Fri, Jul 30 '10 at 09:27 UTC)

There is a small processor in Kentucky that does rabbits - Bowling Green area - realize that's not Indiana but if you did a group at a time...

Investing in a Taste of the Country
 Jsugg
 Holgate
Re: Rabbit Processing    (Posted Thu, Dec 2 '10 at 07:43 UTC)

I have a poultry processing plant in N.W. Ohio and we will be state Inspected next year . We will be able to do Rabbits But they will only be able to be sold in Ohio unless they pass the the neighboring state law Hope I can Help John

John Sugg
 Wild Vitality
 Cecil
Re: Rabbit Processing    (Posted Tue, Oct 9 '12 at 08:55 UTC)

John Sugg~ did you get your processing plant set up for rabbits?

Re: Rabbit Processing (Posted Thu, Dec 2 '10 at 07:43 UTC)
I have a poultry processing plant in N.W. Ohio and we will be state Inspected next year . We will be able to do Rabbits But they will only be able to be sold in Ohio unless they pass the the neighboring state law Hope I can Help John

John Sugg

WildVitalityHomestead.Blogspot.Com
 bunnylady92
 massillon
Re: Rabbit Processing    (Posted Mon, Dec 31 '12 at 01:41 UTC)

John where are u guys located at? and are you buying rabbits for your own sales or just processing for the people?

andria logan