Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 3 replies To this message.

Author Topic: USDA using Local Harvest to dig up info on farms.
Click to reply to this message
  Eagles Dancing
  Coal City
USDA using Local Harvest to dig up info on farms.    (Posted Wed, Feb 20 '13 at 05:04 UTC)

How many of you have been contacted by the USDA regarding the "survey"?

I received a call last night and was told if I refuse to answer the survey I was be fined.

I personally do not give out information over the phone.....so they claim they will call back on Tuesday.......

It is 25 pages long....45 minutes to do this survey.

I have already submitted my census....so I don't know what this is all about.

So has any of you been contacted by the USDA as well???

Currently we only grow things for our person consumption....so why is the government tracking us???

This makes me feel uneasy about our farming futures.

Ohiorganic
 Eaton
Re: USDA using Local Harvest to dig up info on farms.    (Posted Thu, Feb 21 '13 at 07:41 UTC)

I sent mine in about 2 weeks ago and I get one every 4 or 5 years. From what I have read they cannot fine you legally and and as of 2013 they never have levied a fine for this. But if you continue to ignore it you will get more phone calls and perhaps a registered letter.

Lucy Goodman Boulder Belt Eco-Farm Eaton, OH http://boulderbelt.blogspot.com http://www.boulderbeltfarm.com
 MoonBranch
 Robbinsville, NC
Re: USDA using Local Harvest to dig up info on farms.    (Posted Mon, Oct 28 '13 at 12:07 UTC)

Yeah, right, they don't tap phones around the globe and spy on citizens either. Any they don't lie to us, except when they speak.....

Read much???

Robin Alton Suggs MoonBranch Botanicals 5294 Yellow Creek Road Robbinsville, North Carolina 28771 USA Telephone: 828.479.2788 moonbranch@earthlink.net www.moonbranch.com
 That guy
 Marengo, WI
Re: USDA using Local Harvest to dig up info on farms.    (Posted Wed, Oct 30 '13 at 06:50 UTC)

Someone has lost their aluminum hat. If you look at it, you probably will not fill out all 28 pages. Basically every farm gets is and it is a census of farms. Its not like they are asking for your social security number. If you live in a stat like Wisconsin you already have to register as a farm.