Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 17 replies To this message.

Author Topic: Grass-fed beef in Michigan
Click to reply to this message
  decomom
  Detroit
Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Fri, Jan 18 '08 at 02:24 UTC)

I'm looking to purchase 1/4 - 1/2 carcass of grass-fed beef and would like to buy from a local farmer if possible. Are there any in Michigan?

Thanks!

DPA Farms
 Montrose
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Mon, Feb 25 '08 at 08:12 UTC)

Hi,
We have a side of beef that has not been sold. We are taking 2 beef cows in on March 4. We are a certifited organic farm located in Montrose, MI. The cows are White Parks/Hereford mix. They've been on clover and grass during the summer and hay in the winter. We do feed them a couple scoops of a corn and oat mix. It helps get them into the barn at night. They've have had no medication and have been fed feed from certified organic crops.
Please let me know one way or another.
Patti

Patti
 smosphotos
 Hemlock
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Thu, Apr 24 '08 at 04:08 UTC)

Patti, I just found this website and would be interested in some of your beef when you have some available. It would only be a quarter or half. Please keep me in mind. Sue

decomom
 Detroit
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Thu, Apr 24 '08 at 06:10 UTC)

Patti
I'm so sorry that I didn't respond earlier - I have "pregnancy" brain! Thanks for the response - let me know if you have any more cows available this spring/summer!

Melinda

DTP
 Shelbyville
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Fri, May 30 '08 at 06:12 UTC)

We also raise and sell 1/4's (actually called split halves) and halves of angus and hereford. They are grass fed, some grain, no hormones, or other "additives". We send 2-4 cows to slaughter every 3-6 months. We have a top notch meat locker that does the processing, and they seal it all in clear vacuum packed plastic. We are located between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo Michigan, with the meat locker located closer to Grand Rapids, in Byron Center. Contact us if you'd like to be added to our customer list.
Thanks!

Growers of farm fresh, natural beef. We also sell hay by the small square bale, both grass and alfalfa mix.
 Midnight473
 Birch Run
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Mon, Aug 11 '08 at 11:55 UTC)

I know this is probably the wrong time of the year for this, but my family is looking for a side of beef and am having a hard time finding a place that sells in the Birch Run, MI area.

Any help or information you may offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jeff

grassfed
 olivet
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Fri, Aug 15 '08 at 04:11 UTC)
 grassfed
 olivet
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Fri, Aug 15 '08 at 04:12 UTC)

google search using-- michigan grass fed beef

outdoorsgal23
 New Boston, MI
Looking for natural beef/raw milk in Michigan    (Posted Tue, Sep 30 '08 at 11:27 UTC)

Hi. I live in the southeast Michigan area below Detroit and would also like to know if there are any local farms (within 25mi) selling naturally feed beef and raw cow milk (or selling for delivery)? I would be interested in buying parts of a cow and shares for raw milk. My other option would be to seek out raw goat milk? Amish farmers, that anyone knows of, I would also consider. Any further help and direction would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Learning to go "green" in a crazy mainstream country.
 GrillMaster
 Midland
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Tue, Mar 10 '09 at 09:21 UTC)

Anyone have any suggestions as to where I could get a side of beef in the Midland, Mich area?

Matt
 GrillMaster
 Midland
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Tue, Mar 10 '09 at 09:23 UTC)

Anyone know where I can purchase a side of beef in the Midland, Michigan area?

Matt
 berrbers
 ROCHESTER
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Tue, Jul 6 '10 at 04:32 UTC)

I buy from Pleasant Valley Farms which is in Boyne City...I pick it up from the butcher. It is all organic grass feed vacuum packaged labeled and what I like is it is still U.S.D.A. inspected meat and so yummy. www.pvfbeef.com

Amber M Haggard
 metosky
 muskegon
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Tue, Aug 24 '10 at 12:35 UTC)

i was just wondering if anyone knows of a place to get a 1/4 or 1/2 with EBT?

CattleRancher
 Manchester
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Sat, Oct 9 '10 at 01:51 UTC)

I am going to be raising grass-fed beef next spring. It will take two years before they are ready for the butcher. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

TabithaZ
 East Lansing
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Tue, Oct 26 '10 at 10:37 UTC)

Hello - I live in East Lansing and am looking to purchase 1/4 cow for my freezer - grass fed beef only. I've never purchased in bulk before so I'm not sure how this works or what cuts I would get a quarter. Does anyone know where to purchase in the East Lansing area?

megan
 wyoming
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Sun, Feb 5 '12 at 11:10 UTC)

There is a farm in Sparta MI that sells grass fed beef, where you can purchase a minimum of one quarter of a cow, up to a whole cow. You pick it up frozen from the processing plant.

616-214-1747

eat well, eat local
 Ned's
 Birmingham
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Thu, Feb 23 '12 at 04:42 UTC)

Just wondering how old is this thread .... I'm looking for grass fed beef and need it now !! February 22, 2012 !! Thanks

Carl Patron
 Mr Kellogg
 Ithaca
Re: Grass-fed beef in Michigan    (Posted Fri, Feb 15 '13 at 03:27 UTC)

In reply to finding grass fed beef...Kellogg Farms has some at 989-875-4221.

Dennis Kellogg