We are a hobby bee farm located in East Tennessee. We currently operate 12 hives but dream daily of eventually making it to 100. Our honey is sold to family, friends, and local retail establishments. We strive to incorporate honey, wax, or both in all of the products we produce (soaps, lip balm, candles, and gift baskets with a little of everything). We don't claim to be organic because we can't control where our bees forage. What I can say for certain is that bees will forage approximately a 2 mile radius around the home hive.

The 2 mile forage base around Hendon Bee Farm consist of 80% forest of which approximately half is hardwood. This is important because that is where the sourwood resides and we sure love sourwood honey! The remaining forage area consists of close to 20% pasture land / hay land (important for our clovers) and less than 1% in vegetable production. The hives themselves are 800 feet from the public road so from a pesticide stand point I feel like we are in a great location to reduce the risk of pesticide exposure. Managing bee pest can be a challenge. We practice many of the IPM techniques (Integrated Pest Management) in managing for beehive pest (cinnamon for ants, screened bottom board for varroa, vegetable oil beetle traps, and we are going to try mineral oil and a fogger this year for varroa control). In addition to the bee products we also sell custom crafts and decor for your home or special occasion. Everything we sell is made by our hands.

Here is a link for our online Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheOliverCompany


Listing last updated on Mar 13, 2013

Latest Reviews

Post a Review

No reviews available. Be the first!

Products and Crops




Upload a Photo

Drag and drop an image file here or click to browse your computer.

Photo Upload Requirements

  • File size limit of 2 MB per image.
  • Recommended image resolution is 800x600 to 1024x768 pixels.
  • Main profile images will be resized to a width of 250 px.

Cancel OK

Delete this Photo?

Warning: This cannot be undone, once deleted this image will be gone from your gallery.

Cancel OK

Set as Profile Photo

Use this photo as your main profile image?

Cancel OK

Photo Caption

Cancel OK