New Season Farm LLC is a first generation farm southeast of Wisconsin Rapids, WI. We grow vegetables produced using sustainable and organic practices and will put together customized orders. We have a small number of Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) weekly box shares and a by-the-week option for people that would like to try CSA without the full season commitment. We also have cage free, farm fresh eggs for sale by the dozen. We also offer many varieties of plant starts for your own sustainably grown vegetable plot.
On our farm you will find a large number of heirloom and open pollinated varieties. Many of these varieties you will not find in your local grocery store or commercial greenhouse. Our chicken breeds are almost as numerous as our plant varieties. The birds are cage free to roam for bugs and seeds and are fed locally grown and milled grains and vegetables. We believe in preserving our food heritage and think that our farm thrives in an environment of diversity.
- Produce nutritious, safe and affordable food.
- Promote production of food without the use of synthetic pesticides and chemicals.
- Provide safe produce by implementing good agricultural practices and Food Safety Plan.
- Creative and intelligent use of resources.
- Increase soil health and reduce weed pressure by use of cover crops, green manure and natural soil amendments.
- Use crop rotation to reduce incidence of plant disease and manage nutrient density.
- Encourage natural pest predation by maximizing beneficial insect populations and practicing integrated pest management with organic approved methods only if necessary.
- Minimize water waste by using drip irrigation systems.
- Use diversity and companion planting practices to support plant health and reduce incidence of disease.
- Strive to use mostly open-pollinated or heirloom varieties.
- Never purchase artificially genetically modified (GMO) seed.
- Preserve land and enhance the local landscape.
Our Mission is to feed people. Along the way we want to have fun and give generously. We believe that by promoting the health of the land by using sustainable practices and treating the farm as a living system, we will produce healthy and safe food. We will promote health of people by teaching that local food can be delicious, affordable and easy to prepare.
Season: May through October
Type: single farm
# of Shares: 15
Full Share: Standard share (3/4 bushel) - $515
1/2 Share: Small share (1/2 bushel) - $330
Work Req? No
See website or sign up for email list for additional details.
No reviews available. Be the first!
- lettuce - recipe
- mushrooms - recipe
- mustard greens - recipe
- onions - recipe
- peas - recipe
- potatoes - recipe
- pumpkins - recipe
- radishes - recipe
- rutabagas - recipe
- salad greens - recipe
- salad mix - recipe
- summer squash - recipe
- sweet peppers - recipe
- swiss chard - recipe
- tomatoes - recipe
- turnips - recipe