By: N Minowada (May 9, 2009)
We purchased half a pig (kurobuta) from Wind Dancer Ranch and will do it again primarily because the meat is delicious. Other reasons:
1. They answered all of our questions over several months before we purchased.
2. We spoke/emailed directly to the folks that own the farm and raise the animals. They truly care about raising the best food humanely.
3. The ordering process was straight-forward and easy.
4. We had direct control over what cuts of meat (I swear the chops are 3 inches thick! YUM!). We chose to use their recommended butcher/processing company.
5. Delivery was schedule with no hiccups
6. Payment was simply a check addressed to the owner
7. The convenience of having all types of cuts of pork in our freezer is amazing. (It all fits in the top freezer section of our second refrigerator)
8. I noticed that when we cook the meat, it doesn't shrink in size like store-bought meat.
9. It's real meat from honest farmers!
9. Did I mention that the meat is delicious?!