Reviews for: Rainbow Ranch Farms
best farm most attentive customer service
By: stephan guez (Aug 6, 2011)
I love rainbow ranch farms. Xenia and Dennis are the best farmers. Real stewards of the land and animals. Always aim to make the customers happy.
I ordered a turkey for thanksgiving and it came in small and i called and xenia was sweet and giving and sent me a box of delicious chicken and eggs and more.
We always get more than we pay for. I consider my farmers, family.
I was so happy to find this farm on local harvest. Real chickens from real people. I love them.
Thank you Rainbow Ranch,
Great customer service
By: Riley J McIntire (Aug 4, 2011)
Last CSA Poultry delivery was warm, and I planned on giving Xenia a heads up before the next shipment. However, she asked if anyone's shipment was warm, so I let her know, and said she didn't need to do anything. She said not to take a chance, and immediately shipped out a replacement.
Excellent! We have nothing but praise for Xenia and Rainbow Ranch!
Know where your food comes from!
By: Brenda Watkins (Aug 4, 2011)
My family has been a Rainbow Ranch farm member for about a year now and we truly enjoy the personal interaction we receive with a small farm. I love driving up to the farm every month to pick up our food and letting the kids explore and see what a real working farm looks like. I appreciate the knowledge of Xenia and Dennis and feel reassured that our food is humanely-raise and not fed indescribable/undigestable factory-farming feed. They are a growing farm and every time I go, I see money being reinvested back into the farm (new fencing, irrigation, crops). There is also a small, but growing, Farmer's Market where I can pick up some homemade cinnamon rolls (which are to die for) along with my meat. Thank you, Xenia and Dennis!
#1 on Local Harvest - #1 In San Bernardino -#1 In California
By: Sarah Hannon (Aug 4, 2011)
10 Stars! I am a farm member and have been hooked since 2006. Former vegetarian, gone WILD. 1.One for excellent member service: everytime I place an order, I get a call to confirn, with detaled info. If I have questions, they are answered immediately.
2.One for excellent farming: Heritage animals, free range, organic feed with No useage of corn, no soya, no wheat, no G.M.O and gluten free with humane and ethical handling. Pasture grazing. grass fed + grass finished.
3. One for superior meats: the flavor of the chicken is out-of this world, small, sweet, tender and delicious with natural flavor, then comes the bone broth. The beef and pork is AmAzInG, I am always impressed and happy to get my selection of true, sustainably grown meats.
4. One for the clean and loved farm animals: The cows try to get into the back seat of my car. The piglets are social, freindly and push my legs, especially when I have eggs in hand. The birds range and greet the farm members. The sheep and lambs do thier own thing. The baby chicks are so cute.
5. One for the fact they OPEN the farm to us: I was pleased to know that as a member I was welcome to know my farmer, know my food and even participate as a volunteer to help my food grow and my husband (he suffers from environmental allergies)has made an effort to help with harvesting our food, and he is all the happier for the great experiences.
6. One for not having employees: everything is handled by my farmers, they are up at 3 or 4am, never take vacations or days -off. Work hard to help improve the environment and protect heritage breeds of livestock, all so we can have a better life.
7. One for NO medications: I know by the methods used on this farm, no medications or vaccines are ever needed to be used. I have learned a lot about small family farming, heirloom crops and cooking range meat.
8. One for the farm members: What can I say? I think I have met some of the most wonderful people on the planet at Rainbow Ranch Farms. Chefs, restaurant owners, cheese makers, other urban farmers, farmers market coordinators and managers, health food store operators, engineers, families, bakers, lawyers, pilots, doctors, butchers, and so many more, and all of us sharing common ground and great conversation all while we enjoy the peaceful ambiance.
9. One for the reality: I once asked "do you sell at farmers markets?" The response was incredible. I learned that Rainbow Ranch Farms is owned and operated (via the agreement)by the farm members, the custom meats are only for the farm members and can not be sold to public. The work hours required to make this all happen, does not allow for free time to leave at 4am and be gone from the farm all day to sell at farmers markets. I also learned that this farm does not make a profit from the farm members or the products offered and shared among members.
10. One for traceability, responsibility, honesty, kindness and good strong ethics.
By: niki ramirez (Aug 4, 2011)
Xenia, got your shipment on Friday. always fresh, fast, and rich in flavor. The beef was amazing, and thanks for the rush delivery to get it in time for the Avon party.
Comments on this Review:
Sarah Hannon says: (Aug 4, 2011)
Hi Niki, Would you post the link, so that I may order online for September? Thank you. Sarah
niki ramirez says: (Aug 4, 2011)
Thank you, Sarah... Here is my direct link www.youravon.com/nikiramirez
P.S. the story of Ray Ray the Turkey
By: Karen Wells (Aug 4, 2011)
Last Thanksgiving, we found out that the turkey that we ordered from Rainbow Ranch Farms wasn't the exact turkey that we needed. After discussing options with Xenia, Xenia and Dennis personally drove to LA from the farm to hand deliver the new turkey, Ray Ray, to me at my work the day before the holiday. The traffic was horrendous but that was not a problem for Rainbow Ranch Farms.
Thank you for the great customer service. Ray Ray is still a legend in our home and,of course, she was one of the best birds that we've eaten.
Rainbow Ranch Farms is the BEST !!!
By: Karen Wells (Aug 4, 2011)
Now when I'm invited to a pot luck, people ask if I would bring one of my roasted 'little chickens'. People love the flavor, the texture and the total experience. When I explain that these chickens are pastured raised and fed organic feed, people are even more impressed.
I can't wait to get my next order (which reminds me that I need to place it soon before the shares sell out) so that I can continue to offer everyone's favorite roasted chicken. Also, the eggs are amazing and you definitely need to order early for those.
If you're looking for a wonderful alternative to the usual chicken and one that helps the planet, get in line for Rainbow Ranch Farms. But please, get in line behind me :-).
By: Beth Sparks (Aug 4, 2011)
I have to respond to the reviewer who was dissatisfied with the customer service at RR Farms.
I visited the farm after winning 5 lbs of pastured pork (can you say score!) and this place is AmaZing. I was so impressed with Xenia and Dennis, and the farm that I went home and immediately became a member. I am more than happy to accept my "farm choice" meat since the quality is so good and the farm member prices are great. My only "beef" is that I only ordered 1/2 poultry CSA instead of a whole CSA =D Those chickens are yuMMy.