Currently we have CSA shares available as of June 2010. Our piglets were born May 8, 2010 and the meat for all shares will be ready early December 2010. Shares are going fast so please inquire at www.majesticnh.org.
We are a small developing farm that is raising hogs and chickens in a humane and naturally grown way. We value our promise:
OUR HUMANE PIG PROMISE:
At Shamanic Living Center, we promise to always raise our pigs in a humane and gentle way.
- No confinement cages
- No clipping of the teeth or tail
- No rings through the nose so the pigs can't root in the dirt
- No antibiotics, growth hormones, chemicals, or animal parts in the food
- Pigs will always be kept in appropriate social groups
- Pigs will be pastured in areas that allow for natural pig behavior like digging, playing, & foraging
- Pigs will be provided with shelter and deep bedding to stay warm in the winter and wet, muddy areas to stay cool in the summer
- Boars will not be isolated
- Pigs will always be treated and handled in a humane and gentle way
Happy pigs make better pork!
A low stress life not only makes pigs happier, but it also prevents
stress hormones from being produced which affects the flavor and texture of the meat.
You can taste the difference!
(This listing was last updated on Jun 6, 2010)