The Willamette Farm and Food Coalition is a community based non-profit committed to developing a more secure and sustainable food system within Lane County, Oregon. Our projects and services facilitate greater understanding of the social, economic, and environmental impacts of our food choices, and promote the purchase of locally grown and produced foods to keep our small farms viable and to strengthen the local economy.
Our nationally recognized Farm to School program works to:
-To improve student nutrition by serving fresh, locally grown produce in school cafeterias.
-To increase children's interest in and knowledge of where their food comes from.
-To influence children's dietary habits by exposing them to a wide variety of fresh, locally grown fruits and vegetables.
- To create new markets for local farms and food processors.
- To educate teachers, parents, food service staff, farmers, distributors and other community members about the benefits of farm to school efforts.
Our members represent a diversity of stakeholders in the local food system including: farmers, food processors, retailers, restaurateurs, consumers, anti-hunger advocates, children's health advocates, faith communities, agricultural scientists, and environmental activists.
Please visit our website to learn more about us! www.lanefood.org
The 2010 Locally Grown Guide is now available!
Locally Grown is a comprehensive guide to foods and wines grown, raised, and produced in Lane County and vicinity. Locally Grown is THE resource for finding local foods!
In the Guide you'll find:
- Local farms, vineyards and wineries
- Information on farmers' markets and CSAs
- Restaurants, grocers, merchants and food processors sourcing from local farms and wineries
- Who's who of organizations working on food system issues
And much more!
No reviews available. Be the first!