Baked Eggs in Avocado (paleo, keto-friendly)
Adapted from Damn Delicious blog recipe
- 3 avocados, halved and seeded (less ripe avos are better for this recipe)
- 6 small eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional garnishes: chopped bacon, chives, cilantro, feta cheese
- Optional spices: smoked paprika, ancho chile powder, cumin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grab a muffin tin with at least 6 spaces.
- Using a spoon, scoop out about two tablespoons of avocado flesh, or more, as needed, creating a small well in the center of each avocado. Pop each half into a space in the muffin tin.
- Gently crack 1 egg, and slide it into the well, keeping the yolk intact. Repeat with remaining eggs; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place tin into oven and bake until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still runny, about 15-18 minutes. Check for desired doneness at around 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished and spice as desired.
We don't have any comments on this story. Be the first to write one!
Back to the November 2019 Newsletter