Community Supported Agriculture
[ Find CSAs ]
Questions You Might Ask your CSA
Nothing beats a personal conversation with the farmer. Here are some questions you might ask.
- How long have you been farming?
- How long have you been doing a CSA?
- Are there items in your box grown by other farms, and if so, which farms?
- How did last season go?
- How many members do you have?
- What percentage of the food you deliver annually is grown on your farm?
- If the answer is less than 100%, ask where the rest of the food comes from, whether it's certified organic (if that is important to you), and whether members are told which items come from off-farm.
- I'd like to talk with a couple of your members before I commit. Could you give me contact info for a couple of "references"?