1/3 cup raw wildflower honey
1/3 cup water
8 egg yolks
1 cup demerara sugar
1 lb. unsalted butter, softened
- In a saucepan, bring honey to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until it begins to smoke slightly. Immediately remove from heat; slowly add 2 tablespoons water.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment, whisk egg yolks for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add sugar and remaining water to honey mixture and cook over high heat until temperature reaches 240°F on a candy thermometer (soft ball stage).
- mixing constantly, slowly drizzle honey mixture down the side of the bowl into egg yolks. Continue to mix at a medium speed for about 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and cool.
- Whisk in butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, until incorporated.
Posted by Betty @ 12:00 AM EST