Rock Run Creek Farm is a family owned / operated sustainable agricultural experiment that has evolved to support local CSAs, restaurants and prime grocery distributors within the DC metropolitan area, with Oak log Shiitake mushrooms, black, grey and white Oyster mushrooms and locally grown produce. This agricultural practice started in the fall of 1999 when we relocated our family to Goldvein VA, a small town 20 miles south of Warrenton Virginia, one mile west of route 17, in Fauquier County. After several years of field clearing, leaf mulching, composting with manure accumulation (no pesticides), we have / continue to produce plenty of top soil and humus to grown large quantities of produce. Our farm is surrounded by large treed forests, offering lots of leaves for mulching and a natural setting for farming.
Rock Run Creek Farm is proud to be selected by the Local and Natural Grown community for our high quality of standards that reflect natural farming best practices. Rock Run Creek Farm is currently Certified Natural Grown (CNG), validates the farm practices.
In the fall of 2002, Rock Run Creek Farm started to incorporate natural woods as a part of sustainable agriculture. We discovered, next we introduced the natural Oak log SHIITAKE Mushroom growing process as part of the greater forest management. Freshly harvested oak and hardwoods trees served more than just firewood, they are raw material for mushroom cultivation, SHIITAKE mushrooms today, next Oyster and Wine Cap on straw mushrooms for the future. Today, the farm produces large quantities of the highest quality Oak log Shiitake mushrooms using only certified organic spawn, in seasonal, outdoors, the most natural setting.
Rock Run Creek farm offers:
- Oak Log Shiitake Mushrooms plus Grow your own logs - April to November,
- Oyster Mushrooms ( black, grey, summer white ) log and straw....all year.
- Vegetables - Leeks, shallots, garlic, Extremely HOT peppers (jolokia, scorpion, red coffee trinidad, chocolate congo), mesclin, lettuces, tomatoes, onions, celery, okra, bell peppers, cauliflower, cabbage, broccolli, certified organic / heirloom seedlings, herbs, basil, cilantro
- fingerling potatoes ...french, russian banana, papa cacho, magic molly, moulin rouge, etc
- Microgreens - to order....large varieties
- Poultry (chickens, ducks, ) with eggs free range .
- Sheep and lambs grass fed
Season: March through December
Type: multiple farm
# of Shares: 80
Share Prices: FACSAP Fredericksburg Area Community Support Agriculture
Work Req? No
Markets on LocalHarvest
Know a market serving this farm? Tell them to connect here on LocalHarvest!
Rock Run Creek Farm
3618 Rock Run Road
Goldvein, VA 22720
Saturdays and Sundays
See All Reviews
I like going to Rock Run Creek Farm located on Route 17 going toward Warrenton, Virginia because I can get the best Shiitake Mushrooms, ginger ice cream, and on Saturday and Sunday the best jerk chicken with bean and rice.... [more]